USDairy.com (the “Site”) is produced by the Innovation Center for U.S. Dairy and managed by Dairy Management, Inc. The Site may provide links to websites produced and managed by entities other than the Innovation Center for U.S. Dairy (“Third-Party Sites”). This policy does not apply to Third-Party Sites.
Innovation Center for U.S. Dairy is committed to bringing you information that meets your individual needs while at the same time protecting your privacy. The following is a summary of the various ways we treat the information that you provide to us when you use the Site.
Innovation Center for U.S. Dairy only collects personally identifiable information from you with your specific knowledge and consent. For instance, when you create a profile on the Site in order to comment or receive updates, the Site will request certain information, such as your name and email address, from you.
Innovation Center for U.S. Dairy uses your personally identifiable information (“PII”) to provide you with the service you have requested. For example, if you subscribe to email updates, we will use your email address to send you email updates, and if you subscribe to mobile phone updates, we will use your mobile phone number to send you text message updates. Innovation Center for U.S. Dairy does not sell any of the Site users’ PII.
We also allow access to our database by third parties that provide us with services, such as technical maintenance, that are essential to the upkeep of the Site, but only for the purpose of and to the extent necessary for those third parties to provide their services. Any third party that has access to our database for this purpose is bound by the terms set forth in this policy. There may also be occasions when we have a good faith belief that we are legally required to provide access to our database in order to cooperate with police investigations or other legal proceedings. In those instances, we may share your PII to the extent necessary to cooperate with the police investigation or other legal proceeding.
While your PII is protected as outlined above, we reserve the right to use aggregated, anonymous data about our users for any business purpose, such as analyzing usage trends and seeking compatible advertisers and partners.
We may choose to utilize “cookies” to help manage and maintain the site. Cookies are small bits of information that are placed on your computer to identify your Internet browser, store your preferences, authenticate user sessions, or provide services. You can program your computer or utilize security software in order to receive a warning each time a cookie is being sent, block cookies, or remove cookies. However, the blocking or removal of cookies can limit the Site’s utility and/or convenience.
If you have concerns or questions about any aspect of this policy, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org. We welcome your feedback. You can also send us regular mail at the following address:
Innovation Center for U.S. Dairy
attn: Monica LaBelle
10255 W. Higgins Rd. Suite 900
Rosemont, Illinois 60018-5616
3. Copyright Rights. The Site’s content is subject to copyrights owned by Innovation Center for U.S. Dairy and other individuals or entities, and such copyrights are protected by United States and international copyright laws. Any reproduction, retransmission or republication, of all or any part of the Site is expressly prohibited unless Innovation Center for U.S. Dairy or the copyright owner of the content has expressly granted its prior consent to such use.
5. Links to Third-Party Sites. The Site may provide links to websites produced and managed by entities other than Innovation Center for U.S. Dairy (“Third-Party Sites”). Innovation Center for U.S. Dairy does not control Third-Party Sites that may be linked to from the Site. Innovation Center for U.S. Dairy cannot monitor or otherwise evaluate such Third-Party Sites, and Innovation Center for U.S. Dairy is not responsible for any of their contents, features, codes, underlying materials, terms of access or privacy policies. You are responsible for checking each Third Party Site’s terms and conditions of access and use, as well as each Third-Party Site’s privacy policies.
7. Obligations. You are required to comply with all applicable laws in connection with your use of the Site, as well as any further limitations that are set forth in any written or on-screen notice concerning the Site from Innovation Center for U.S. Dairy. As a condition of your use of the Site, you warrant that you will not use the Site for any purpose that is unlawful. Innovation Center for U.S. Dairy reserves the right to review postings and profiles on the Site, to remove any such postings and profiles, and to terminate your ability to post to the Site at any time without notice, in its sole discretion. Innovation Center for U.S. Dairy also reserves the right to (i) disclose any information that it, in good faith, believes must be disclosed in order to cooperate with police investigations or other legal proceedings, or (ii) edit, refuse to post, or remove any information or materials, in whole or in part, from the Site.
8. License Granted. Innovation Center for U.S. Dairy does not claim ownership of any information or material you transmit, distribute, post, communicate, or store on, to, or through the Site. However, by using the Site, you grant Innovation Center for U.S. Dairy a world-wide, royalty free, perpetual, unlimited, and non-exclusive license to use, distribute, reproduce, modify, adapt, create derivative works, publicly perform and publicly display any information or material you transmit, distribute, post, communicate, or store on, to, or through the Site.
By transmitting, distributing, posting, communicating, or storing on, to, or through any information or material on, to, or through the Site, you warrant and represent that you own or otherwise control all of the rights to such information or material, and that use of such information or material by Innovation Center for U.S. Dairy will not infringe upon or violate the rights of any third party. You may only post information or material to the Site that you created or you have the express permission to post. This includes, but is not limited to, material that is copyrighted by other organizations or individuals.
9. Disclaimer of Warranties and Limitation of Liability. THE SITE IS PROVIDED “AS IS.” Innovation Center for U.S. Dairy MAKES NO REPRESENTATION OR WARRANTY OF ANY KIND WHATSOEVER TO YOU OR ANY OTHER PERSON RELATING IN ANY WAY TO THE SITE, INCLUDING ANY PART THEREOF, OR ANY CONTENT OR SERVICE THAT MAY BE ACCESSIBLE DIRECTLY OR INDIRECTLY THROUGH THE SITE. INNOVATION CENTER FOR U.S. DAIRY DISCLAIMS TO THE MAXIMUM EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW, ANY AND ALL SUCH REPRESENTATIONS AND WARRANTIES.
In no event will Innovation Center for U.S. Dairy or its affiliates, or any party involved in creating, producing, or delivering the Site, any part thereof, or any content or service that may be accessible directly or indirectly through the Site, be liable in any manner whatsoever for any direct, incidental, consequential, indirect, special, or punitive damages arising out of (i) your access, use or inability to use the Site, any part thereof, or any content or service that may be accessible directly or indirectly through the Site, or (ii) any failure of performance, alteration, error, omission, interruption, defect, delay in operation or transmission, computer virus, or line or system failure in connection with the Site, any part thereof, or any content or service that may be accessible directly or indirectly through the Site.
10. Choice of Law and Forum. These conditions shall be governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of the Illinois, excluding its conflict of law rules. You and Innovation Center for U.S. Dairy expressly agree to submit to the exclusive jurisdiction and venue of the courts in the Illinois in all disputes arising out of or relating to the use of the Site.
12. No Professional Advice. No information supplied on the Site and/or by any employee or agent of the Site or Innovation Center for U.S. Dairy, whether by telephone, email, letter, facsimile, social media, or other form of communication, constitutes medical, legal, tax, accounting, or other professional advice. State laws and individual situations vary, and users of the Site are encouraged to obtain appropriate advice from qualified professionals in the applicable jurisdictions.
13. Comments. Comments posted to the Site by users of the Site (“Comments”) do not reflect the views of the Site or Innovation Center for U.S. Dairy, and neither the Site nor Innovation Center for U.S. Dairy has any obligation to monitor, edit, or review any Comments. We assume NO responsibility or liability arising in any way from Comments, nor do we assume any responsibility or liability arising from any error, defamation, libel, slander, omission, falsehood, obscenity, pornography, profanity, danger, or inaccuracy contained in or implied by any Comments.
You are strictly prohibited from posting or transmitting any unlawful, threatening, libelous, defamatory, obscene, scandalous, inflammatory, pornographic, or profane material that could constitute or encourage conduct that would be considered a criminal offense, give rise to civil liability, or otherwise violate any law. We will fully cooperate with any law enforcement authorities or court order requesting or directing disclosure of the identity of anyone posting any such information or materials.
Comment content that contains any of the above will be removed from the Site. In addition, off-topic Comments, and Comments revealing personal information (i.e., place of residence, personal history) about bloggers or other Commenters will be removed from the site. We reserve the right to remove Comments for any reason at any time.
14. Online and Mobile Alerts. The Site may from time to time, provide automatic alerts and voluntary account-related alerts.
Automatic alerts may be sent to you after you make certain changes to your Site account, such as changes to the registration information that you submit to the Site. You do not need to activate these alerts. Although you may have the option to suppress some of these automatic alerts, we strongly recommend that you do not because they are security-related and provide you with important information on your Site account.
The Site may provide voluntary alerts concerning your Site account. You may customize, deactivate or reactivate these voluntary alerts. Voluntary alerts allow you to choose alert messages for your Site account. The Site may add new alerts from time to time, or cease to provide certain alerts at any time upon its sole discretion. Each alert has different options available, and you may be asked to select from among these options when you activate your voluntary alerts.
Electronic alerts will be sent to the email address you have provided as your primary email address for The Site. If your email address or your mobile phone number changes, you are responsible for informing us of that change. Changes to your email address or mobile phone number will apply to all of your alerts. You can choose to have alerts sent to a mobile device that accepts text messages (SMS messages). Standard messaging rates or other charges will apply. Check with your mobile carrier for additional information.
Because alerts are not encrypted, we will never include your passcode or password in an alert. Alerts may include your Site Login ID/username and some information about your Site account. Anyone with access to your email will be able to view the content of these alerts. At any time you may disable future alerts.