Engagement Manager, Environmental Sustainability | Rosemont, IL
The U.S. dairy industry is on the mission of a lifetime: to be an environmental solution. We’ve had a longstanding commitment to environmental sustainability, and today, the dairy industry accounts for less than 2% of the country’s total greenhouse gas (GHG) emissions. And, we’re committed to accelerating further progress toward aggressive environmental goals to achieve neutral or better carbon emissions, optimize water usage and improve water quality by 2050.
The Engagement Manager will be part of the Net Zero Initiative (NZI), an industry-wide effort, to make technology and best practices more accessible and affordable to farms of all sizes through research, on-farm pilots and development of new product markets. The Engagement Manager will facilitate and fulfill obligations to our partner(s) in order to enable a high level of engagement. Responsibilities include reporting, providing regular updates, answering requests, scheduling meetings, etc. The important work of the Manager will help to advance progress on our journey to leave a positive environmental footprint and to do our part to nourish the planet for future generations.
- Strengthen and evolve existing relationships with internal and external partners.
- Understand priorities and motivations of key stakeholders/partners, and the business challenges they face.
- Support partner development strategy implementation, coordinating with team as needed.
- Coordinate partner meetings, prepare materials, facilitate constructive discussions and complete necessary follow-up to advance relationship and meet partner expectations.
- Track and follow-up on partner obligations and expectations, create and communicate reports on progress and achievements. Maintain project files and create spreadsheets and databases as needed.
- Manage and maintain regular and as-needed communications with project partners and other stakeholders.
- Identify, research and prepare prospect reports on grant opportunities to support project efforts.
- Be accountable to personal goals, strategies and metrics, participating in ongoing and regular assessment of progress toward goals.
Interaction and Reporting Relationships
Reports to Senior Vice President Sustainability Initiatives
Education & Experience
- Bachelor’s Degree required
- 5-10 years of relationship, client services and/or project management experience with a proven ability to deliver on-time and on-budget
- Environmental, sustainability and dairy industry experience preferred
- Strong business acumen coupled with demonstrated leadership skills
- Proven success in:
- Leveraging environmental/dairy knowledge — develop an idea, bring in external funding/partners, create a project plan for tracking/reporting
- Producing industry-leading reports and presenting findings to peers and senior management
- Working effectively with cross functional teams, including external resources, to achieve business results
- Prioritizing and delivering work/projects with minimal supervision/oversight
- Supporting environmental, agricultural and/or sustainability-focused initiatives
Skills & Abilities
- Versatile and highly skilled project manager
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills in addition to presentation skills
- Able to speak effectively to wide variety of audiences, from farmers and processors to NGOs and Fortune 500 organizations.
- Facilitation and meeting management
- Adaptable, responsive and excellent at time management
- Strong work ethic and integrity; a good representative of farmer values
- Promote clarity and alignment across projects
- Enable fact-based decisions
- Comfortable navigating in an entrepreneurial/ambiguous environment
Dairy Management Inc.™ (DMI) is funded by America’s 34,000-plus dairy farmers, as well as dairy importers. Created to help increase sales and demand for dairy products, DMI and its related organizations work to increase demand for dairy through research, education and innovation, and to maintain confidence in dairy foods, farms and businesses. DMI manages National Dairy Council and the American Dairy Association and founded the U.S. Dairy Export Council and the Innovation Center for U.S. Dairy. DMI works with state and regional promotion organizations to implement these programs across the country.
DMI offers competitive medical, dental, and life insurance benefits, a generous 401(k) plan, and a collaborative culture. Our Rosemont office is conveniently located across from O’Hare Airport and is accessible to the CTA Blue Line and Metra. We offer free chocolate and regular milk on tap.
(We are giving staff flexibility to work remotely as desired during the pandemic. For individuals who want to return to the office, we are limiting occupancy and have implemented a variety of COVID-related protocols to keep everyone safe).
Dairy Management Inc.™ is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate based on race, religion, color, national origin, age, sex, gender, disability, or any other characteristic protected by law.
We regret it is not possible to communicate with candidates except those who most closely match our requirements. Thank you.