Staff Accountant, GENYOUth | Rosemont, IL, United States
The main role of the Staff Accountant is to support the Accounting Manager and other Accounting Staff in carrying out the responsibilities of the Finance and Accounting Department as it relates to the DMI Affiliated Companies.
This Staff Accountant will perform general ledger processes such as journal entry postings, account reconciliations and general ledger maintenance ensuring the financial close process is executed smoothly and meets the deadlines. The Staff Accountant will also be responsible for reviewing documentation, preparing analysis, recording detailed transactions, reviewing charges for appropriate coding to the general ledger and assisting with monthly financial statement preparation. In addition, the role will provide the opportunity to work on ad hoc projects to improve/streamline the efficiency and effectiveness of the department.
- Ensures that account balances are accurate by analyzing account activity and preparing monthly reconciliations
- Assist in month-end close activities which include journal entries, analysis, reclassifications and allocations
- Assist in the preparation of monthly financial reporting within the designated affiliated company
- Prepare timely grant reconciliations and reimbursement requests
- Assist on ad hoc projects and requests including grant processing, review of expense reporting, etc.
- Provide assistance to the Accounting Manager as needed
Qualifications and Education Requirements:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting/Finance required
- 0-3 years of general ledger accounting experience
- CPA or CPA candidate a plus
- Proficiency with Microsoft Excel as well as the ability to learn new technology
- Non-for-Profit experience a plus
- Knowledge of Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP)
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills
- Very organized and detail oriented with the ability to demonstrate task prioritization
- Ability to work independently and meet deadlines
ABOUT DAIRY MANAGEMENT INC.
Dairy Management Inc.™ (DMI) is funded by America’s 37,000-plus dairy farmers, as well as dairy importers. Created to help increase sales and demand for dairy products, DMI and its related organizations work to increase demand for dairy through research, education and innovation, and to maintain confidence in dairy foods, farms and businesses. DMI manages National Dairy Council and the American Dairy Association, and founded the U.S. Dairy Export Council and the Innovation Center for U.S. Dairy. DMI works with state and regional promotion organizations to implement these programs across the country. Our Rosemont office is conveniently located across from O’Hare Airport and accessible to the CTA Blue Line and Metra.
We regret it is not possible to communicate with candidates except those who most closely match our requirements. Thank you.
Dairy Management Inc.™ is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, age, sex, gender, disability, or any other characteristic protected by law.