5 Reasons to Love Yogurt
From its rich and creamy taste to being a good-for-you snack, here are five reasons why you can feel good about reaching for low-fat yogurt:
- Yogurt can be an excellent choice no matter where you are. Looking for a snack for the kids? Offer up a squeezable yogurt. Need a quick and filling breakfast at work? Throw a yogurt cup and a piece of fruit into your purse for a quick meal at your desk. On the go? Grab a small bottle of drinkable yogurt for the trip.
- Take a close look the next time you’re at the supermarket, and you’ll see the great variety of flavored yogurts. If those aren’t enough, you can always customize yogurt. Add in a little honey, some blueberries and a few walnuts to plain Greek yogurt for a change of pace, or reach for your favorite flavored yogurt, add fruit and blend it in to a morning smoothie.
- From being a good source of protein (yogurts can contain anywhere from 5 to 23 grams of protein per 8 oz.) to being a source of other important nutrients like calcium and potassium, you can feel confident that having yogurt is a delicious and nutritious choice.
- Yogurt is a good option for those with lactose intolerance. It’s all thanks to yogurt’s live and active cultures, to help digest lactose.
- Lastly, you can use Greek yogurt in place of a recipe’s other high-fat ingredients like oil and mayo. You can also use it in recipes – like using it as a base of a dip – to cut back on a few calories now and then.