Back to School and the Value of School Meals
School meals nourish millions of students daily by helping them get the nutrients they need for growth and development. This is especially true for the 1 in 6 children who live in food insecure households.
National Dairy Council, School Nutrition Association and Midwest Dairy have partnered to develop a report and a series of short videos featuring experts from pediatricians to dietitians and beyond who discuss the value of school meals. These resources can help health and wellness professionals and school stakeholders communicate the importance of school meals to their respective audiences.
- Pediatrician for School Nutrition, Robert Murray, M.D.
- Registered Dietitian for School Meals, Donna Martin, EdS, RDN, LD, SNS, FAND
- Nourishing Students, Grounded in Science, Brandon Lipps
- Help Alleviate Food Insecurity, Laura Hatch
- Local Foods & Farm to School, Jean Ragalie-Carr, RDN, LDN, FAND
- School Nutrition Expert Weighs In, Lynn Harvey, Ed.D, RDN, LDN, FAND, SNS
- Student Voice, Cherry Gadmandla
- Compilation video, all experts
Please join us in celebrating the value school meals bring to students during back to school time and throughout the school year.