Go Behind the Scenes on a Dairy Farm
Did you know dairy cows have their own nutritionists and some even wear fitness trackers? Or that many farms use innovative technology to preserve natural resources and the environment?
Go behind the scenes of a modern dairy farm with this 30-minute “field trip,” which follows Chuck and Nora Feldpausch, third-generation dairy farmers, as they work with their team of veterinarians, nutritionists and other staff to bring us the dairy foods we all know and love.
Want to learn more about dairy farming? Check out some of our resources below:
- How farmers care for their cows: Learn more about the many ways farmers make sure their cows stay healthy and comfortable.
- A glimpse into a day on a dairy farm: Learn how dairy farmers spend their day, from before the sun rises to after it sets.
- How do you milk a cow?: Farming – and milking cows – has come a long way in the past 100 years. Find out how farmers milk cows today.
- Farm to table: An insider’s look into the process: How does milk end up at your local grocery? We break down the steps one by one.
- Is milk good for you?: From calcium to vitamin B12, learn more about the nutrients in your milk – and how they help your body get the nutrition it needs.
Looking for more? Check out our Dairy A to Z page for common topics and questions.