Over the past year, under the guidance of the Innovation Center Sustainability Council, multi-stakeholder teams drafted the first set of social, economic and environment indicators for the Stewardship and Sustainability Guide for U.S. Dairy: A voluntary framework for tracking and communicating progress.
Included in the comprehensive Guide version 1.2 are:
All dairy stakeholders are now invited to participate in the open stakeholder consultation period from May 15, 2013 to July 14, 2013 and give us feedback on these indicators.
The Innovation Center requests your feedback:
1. Download the comprehensive Guide for review.
2. Identify colleagues in your organization that are experts or that may be familiar with any of the topics that are covered by the indicators within the Guide.
3. Discuss, test and review the indicators with colleagues and stakeholders within your own organization.
Keep the following questions in mind:
- Are these topics and indicators that matter most when assessing sustainability of dairy farms and processing plants?
- Can you use these indicators for assessing sustainability at your farm, your plants or in your dairy supply chain? Are these feasible?
- What tools, platforms and resources do you need to be able to measure, track and communicate this information to your stakeholders or throughout the supply chain?
4. Organize the feedback from your organization, including the input from your colleagues. Please note: the Innovation Center allows one submission of feedback per organization.
5. Share your feedback.
For dairy producers: Complete the survey online or download the form to share your feedback manually.
For non-dairy producers: Complete the survey online or download the form to share your feedback manually.
For retailers: Download the streamlined survey to share your feedback.
After the stakeholder consultation period, the Guide will be updated based on stakeholder feedback and will enter a two-year pilot phase.