Dairy and the Dietary Guidelines
The rollout of new dietary guidelines is the perfect time to look at all the nutritional information about the foods we eat every day. That’s why we worked with the health and wellness experts at National Dairy Council to answer a number of your questions about why dairy foods are important to the diet. Learn more:
- Does Milk Have Sugar?
- Why Do We Drink Cow’s Milk?
- Did You Know Milk is 90 Percent Water Plus Protein and So Much More?
- What Do Milk Fat Percentages Mean?
- Optimal Protein Intake: Are You Milking your Beverages for All They’re Worth?
- Milk's Role in Bone Health: From Childhood Through Adulthood
- Learn More About Dairy’s Role in a “Heart Healthy” Diet
- 5 Reasons Milk Can Benefit Your Workout
- How Other Beverages Compare to Cow’s Milk (Chart)
- Ingredients: Cow’s Milk & Almond Milk
- 8 Ounces, 9 Nutrients: Learn More About Cow’s Milk
- Study: Milk Alternatives Might Not Give Kids Enough Vitamin D
Cheese & Yogurt
Greening Your Diet
Have other questions? Visit our Dairy A to Z page.