These ham and egg cups have versatility and flavor. They’re an easy-to-make appetizer or brunch treat for all ages. Consider ham-and-cheese egg cups your new favorite use for a muffin tin, especially if you’re following a keto diet. No matter your eating plan, we have a feeling these will become your new savory go-to—delicate to hold, yet protein-packed.
- 12 (1-ounce) slices reduced-sodium ham
- 3 (1-ounce) slices 100% whole grain or white bread, torn into 4 pieces each
- 1 1/2 cups (12 fluid ounces) fat free egg substitute
- 3 cups (12 ounces) grated Cabot 50% Light Cheddar cheese
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper, or to taste
- 3 tablespoons chopped fresh chives
Preheat oven to 400º F. Lightly coat a 12-cup (4 ounces each) muffin tin with cooking spray. Fit each ham slice into each cup (ham ends will be above cup edges). Divide bread among cups. Then divide egg substitute among cups. Sprinkle with cheese, then pepper. Bake on middle oven rack for 15 minutes. Garnish with chives. Remove the cups from the muffin tin. Serve warm.
Note: Go for a thick 1-ounce slice of ham with a small diameter instead of a thin slice with a larger diameter.
Recipe created by Cabot Creamery