Supply Chain Controls
The Innovation Center for U.S. Dairy Food Safety Team has developed science-based tools to assess your supplies and suppliers in support of FSMA Hazard Analysis, Risk-Based Preventive Controls for Human Food and Foreign Supplier Verification Program Regulations. Workshops and tools are designed to help companies identify, quantify, and mitigate risks from their supply chain.
Supplier Food Safety Management Workshop
Courses were designed by dairy industry professionals for the benefit of the dairy industry through a collaborative effort among member companies of the non-profit Innovation Center for U.S. Dairy. The instructors are food safety leaders from companies across the dairy industry.
Supply Chain Toolkit
The toolkit includes:
- Risk assessment calculator which assesses risk of materials, suppliers' risk and intended use to provide an overall supplier risk level.
- Food safety guidance document which lists external supplier programs with minimum practice and best practice elements. Cross link matrix which can be used as a guide to associate the risk assessment to the food safety guidance document for prioritization of suppler programs to mitigate the risk.
- Supplier program files are examples of templates that can be used as part of a company’s supplier management food safety program for documentation.
- NEW! Supplier Controls Food Safety Resource Guide & Templates
Supply Chain Resources
- FDA recall, market withdrawl and safety alerts
- FDA Appendix 1 — Hazard Analysis and Risk Based Preventive Controls for Human Food: Draft Guidance for Industry
- FDA Food Defense and Emergency Response
The information provided on this website and in the related materials/links is for informational purposes only, and may not be used as a substitute for legal advice regarding food safety laws in any jurisdiction. The federal government restricts how raw milk may be used in cheese, and some state and local laws restrict the sale of raw milk or use of raw milk in dairy products. Training materials and presentations are based on compliance with federal laws. The Innovation Center for U.S. Dairy, makes no representation or warranty with respect to the completeness, accuracy, reliability, or suitability of any information provided in the website content, links or materials. We recommend that users of this site consult an attorney concerning the laws applicable to any particular situation. By using this site and the materials/links provided, the users agree to release the Innovation Center for U. S. Dairy from any and all liability that may result from your use of the information provided in the materials.