If you don’t believe two-ingredient pizza dough is a thing, then you haven't tried greek yogurt pizza crust! Not only does this yogurt pizza dough recipe prove Greek yogurt’s versatility, it’s a sink-your-teeth-into foundation for summer garden goodies from zucchini to tomatoes to peppers and beyond! And cheese. It’s a great foundation for all kinds of cheese. Scroll to the bottom for tasty toppings ideas.
2 cups self-rising flour
1 cup Greek Yogurt (fat level of choice)
1/4 cup cornmeal
Shredded cheese and pizza toppings of choice (see below for suggestions)
1. Place a pizza stone in the center of gas grill and preheat to 450 degrees for at least 30 minutes.
2. Combine flour and Greek yogurt in a large bowl, stirring with a fork until a shaggy dough begins to form. Turn the mixture out onto a floured work surface and knead, adding additional flour as needed, until the dough becomes smooth at elastic, about 8 minutes.
3. Divide the dough in half to create two balls. Place one ball on a floured work surface and use a rolling pin to roll the dough into a disk, approximately 10 inches in diameter.
4. Dust a pizza peel or inverted cookie sheet with a generous amount of cornmeal, then transfer dough on top.
5. Add pizza toppings and cheeses of choice, leaving a half inch border around the edge.
6. Carefully slide pizza from pizza peel (or cookie sheet) onto preheated pizza stone in the center of grill. Close the grill lid and cook until the crust is golden and the cheese is bubbling, 8 to 10 minutes.
7. Use pizza peel or a large spatula to transfer pizza to cutting board. Rest pizza for 5 minutes before slicing. Repeat process with second dough ball.
Grilled Zucchini With Harissa and Feta: Spread 2 tablespoons harissa evenly over pizza dough. Top with one small zucchini, peeled into ribbons using a vegetable peeler. Top with 1 cup of shredded mozzarella plus 1/4 cup crumbled feta.
Tomato, Basil and Havarti: Spread 2 tablespoons harissa evenly over pizza dough. Top with fresh tomato slices, 1/4 cup of loosely packed fresh basil leaves and 1 cup of shredded Havarti cheese
Sweet Corn, Cilantro, Jalapeno and Cotija Cheese: Brush 1 tablespoon olive oil evenly over pizza dough. Top dough with 1/2 cup fresh corn kernels, 1 jalapeno, thinly sliced, 1 cup shredded mozzarella and 1/4 cup crumbled Cotija cheese. After baking, sprinkle pizza with 1/4 cup chopped cilantro leaves and a squirt of lime juice.