For the dressing:
- 2 (8-ounce) containers fat-free plain yogurt
- 2 teaspoons minced garlic
- 1 tablespoon minced parsley
- 1 tablespoon minced chive
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano For the sandwich:
- 1/2 pound sirloin or rib-eye steak, trimmed
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 4 (4 -inch) whole wheat pita bread rounds, cut in half-moons
- 2 1/2 cups mixed salad greens (such as arugula, radicchio and baby spinach leaves)
- 2/3 crumbled Blue cheese
- 1/2 small red onion, sliced and separated into rings
- 8 cherry tomatoes, halved
Spoon yogurt into a medium bowl and stir in garlic, parsley, chive and oregano until well blended; set aside.
Rub both sides of steak with salt and pepper. Heat a medium, non-stick skillet over medium-high heat. Cook steak about 6 minutes on each side (for medium) or until desired. Allow steak to rest 5 minutes before cutting into thin slices.
Warm pita halves in toaster. Into each pita half, spoon 1/4 of the yogurt dressing, mixed salad greens, Blue cheese, onion, steak and tomato. Spoon additional yogurt dressing over top.