- 2 tablespoon butter
- 1 small onion chopped
- 3 cups fat free chicken broth
- 2 cups fresh corn
- 2 potatoes, peeled, cut into 1/2-inch dice
- 1 small red pepper, diced
- 1 rib celery, sliced
- 2 cups lowfat milk
- 1 cup shredded 2% reduced fat Cheddar cheese
- 1/2 teaspoon cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon cayenne pepper
Melt butter in large saucepan. Add onion and cook until tender, about 5 minutes. Stir in chicken broth and all vegetables. Bring mixture to a boil and reduce heat and simmer covered 5 minutes or until potatoes are tender.
Remove 2 cups of soup and puree in blender or processor. Return to saucepan with remaining soup. Stir in milk, cheese and seasonings and simmer 10 minutes.
Note: May garnish with crumbled turkey bacon and additional cheese if desired.