Senior Vice President Marketing (Cheese) – U.S. Dairy Export Council (USDEC) | (Arlington, VA)
The Senior Vice President (SVP) of the Cheese Marketing team is an integral member of the USDEC Leadership team and is accountable for establishing the team’s brand and long-term growth strategy, identifying and implementing operational efficiencies, and ensuring the consistent delivery of desired outcomes. The SVP will focus on brand strategy and market research to ensure the promotion and enhancement of marketing programs, execute strategy, maintain current relationships and foster new ones, and guide personnel and program development.
Responsible for growing and defending U.S. cheese export sales globally, the SVP will optimize the marketing strategy (B2B, B2C) to improve effectiveness and efficiency using global market analytics and global and local category and consumer trends.
Under the direction of the USDEC COO, the SVP is responsible for the management and evaluation of USDEC Representative Offices, with input from international representatives located in North Asia, Middle East/North Africa and South America. The SVP leads the Cheese Marketing Team personnel comprised of USDEC HQ-based as well as in-country staff to deliver against set strategy. Engages and facilitates decision making with representatives from an industry committee representing 32 companies across the U.S. Cheese industry.
- Critical thinker with the ability to set strategic direction
- Comfortable in multicultural/multilingual settings
- Creative with entrepreneurial spirit
- Engages members/board/advisory group on key strategic decisions
- Excellent written & verbal presentation skills; professional presence critical
- Proven commercial skills and acumen
- Knowledge of global industry technical and economic drivers
- In-depth knowledge of market research/data analytics to develop impactful strategies
- Exhibit senior-leadership skills in strategy and taking initiative
- Proven leadership abilities to generate results
- Experience working with partners and stakeholders across functions and regions
- Ability to lead and direct intercultural teams and motivate existing members to new and different thinking
- Demonstrates an open and empowering people management style with mentoring/coaching skills to engage direct reports, indirect reports, and peers
Responsibilities (not limited to):
- Manage and strategize existing and future key initiatives to drive the global awareness and sales of U.S. Cheese.
- Provide an effective structure and environment to lead and develop a 4-5-member team and ensure consistent alignment with business unit priorities and objectives.
- Develop, implement and monitor Key Performance Indicators (KPIs) that accurately reflect and measure the progress of the Cheese Marketing team globally and in key markets around the world.
- Manage the commercial relationship (execution, reporting) with USDEC International offices.
- Research, analyze and recommend best-practice marketing models for regional and/or county-by-country representation in selected regions.
- Collaborate with the USDEC COO, Strategic Steering Group members and other staff to ensure cohesive development and execution of the global strategy for Ingredients marketing.
- Measure results and prioritize programs using global data analytics and consumer insights.
- Identify and asses knowledge gaps in the organization and make necessary recommendations.
- Gather, interpret and disseminate primary and secondary intelligence on market conditions, competitor strategy and the changing commercial, political and economic environment in the global cheese market to guide decision-making on USDEC and the U.S. dairy industry’s strategies.
- Present to and align Board Members (comprised of industry and farmer executives) on key strategies and initiatives.
- Perform all job responsibilities in a manner consistent with the USDEC Way:
- Works as a team member, recognizing that USDEC wins and loses together.
- Respects and values colleagues. This includes considering roles, responsibilities, work styles, perspectives, and experience.
- Trusts others as professionals working towards the same objectives & goals.
- Communicates respectfully, inclusively, clearly, and in a timely manner.
- Acknowledges, celebrates, and rewards good work and contributions.
- Supports and creates opportunities for individual learning, growth, and mentorship.
- Fosters an environment of trust where people can share new ideas, innovates, takes risks, and learns from failure.
- Creates a safe environment that will empower the voicing of concerns and viewpoints.
The successful candidate will be a results-driven, charismatic leader who is comfortable leading in an ambiguous and complex global environment.
- University degree – BS/BA required; MBA preferred
- 10+ years brand/marketing management experience including P&L management, and 7-10 years of B2C experience.
- International and commercial experience strongly required
- Ability to travel up to 30%- 50% of time both domestically and globally (e.g. North Asia, Middle East/ North Africa and South America)
USDEC offers competitive benefits, a generous 401(k) program, and a collaborative culture.
The U.S. Dairy Export Council (USDEC) is a non-profit, independent membership organization that represents the global trade interests of U.S. dairy producers, proprietary processors and cooperatives, ingredient suppliers and export traders. Dairy Management Inc. founded USDEC in 1995 and, through the dairy checkoff program, is the organization’s primary funder. USDA's Foreign Agricultural Service provides export activity support, and membership dues fund the Council’s trade policy and lobbying activities. Go to www.USDEC.org to learn more about U.S. Dairy Export Council®
We regret it is not possible to communicate with candidates except those who most closely match our requirements. Thank you.