- 6 ounces bow tie pasta
- 1 teaspoon plus 1 tablespoon Canola oil, divided
- 6 ounces boneless chicken breast cut into 12-15 chunks
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1/2 cup sun-dried tomatoes, snipped into bits
- 1/4 cup boiling water 2 cloves garlic, chopped fine
- 1/2 green pepper, chopped
- 1 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 2 teaspoons cornstarch
- 2 tablespoons cold water
- 1/2 cup basil, cut into strips
- 1 1/2 cups grated Cabot 50% Light Cheddar cheese
Cook pasta according to directions on package, approximately 10-12 minutes.
Heat skillet. Coat bottom with 1 teaspoon of oil.
Brown chicken on all sides and cook until done, 3-5 minutes. Season with salt and pepper. Set aside.
Cover sun-dried tomatoes with boiling water to re hydrate. Sauté garlic and green pepper with 1 tablespoon of oil until slightly softened. Add sun-dried tomatoes, herbs and chicken broth and heat to boiling.
Dissolve cornstarch in cold water. Add slowly to boiling broth mixture, stirring briskly to slightly thicken. Stir in chicken, cheese and basil; heat gently until cheese is melted.
Place drained bow ties into a pasta bowl. Pour chicken-cheese mixture over. Stir and serve. Garnish with fresh basil.