- 1 1/2 cups (12-ounces) low-fat plain yogurt
- 1/4 cup canned coconut milk
- 1 cup cilantro leaves, washed
- 2 tablespoon mint leaves, chopped
- 1/2 cup each red, green and yellow bell pepper, diced
- 1/2 cup diced cucumber
- 1 jalapeño pepper, seeded and minced
- 1 (2-inch) piece fresh ginger, peeled and grated
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon hot sauce, or to taste
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 (8-ounce) can pineapple chunks in unsweetened juice, divided
- 16 large shrimp (20 pieces per pound)
- 1/2 teaspoon Cajun Creole seasoning
- 1 (9-ounce) bag baby spinach leaves
1. To make the salsa: mix yogurt and coconut milk in a medium bowl until smooth. Reserve 1 tablespoon each of the cilantro and diced peppers for garnish at serving time.
2. Stir the remaining cilantro and peppers into the yogurt mixture along with the mint, cucumber, jalapeño, ginger, garlic, hot sauce and salt. Mix in 1 tablespoon of the canned pineapple juice; refrigerate salsa until serving time. Yield: about 2 1/2 cups salsa.
3. Place 4 shrimp and 4 pineapple chunks on each skewer. Spray with non-stick cooking spray and sprinkle with Cajun seasoning on each side. Place on heated grill and cook about 2 minutes each side or until nicely browned and shrimp is cooked.
4. To serve, divide spinach among serving plates and spoon about 1/2 cup salsa onto each plate. Sprinkle reserved cilantro leaves and diced peppers over salsa. Place shrimp skewer alongside salsa.