- 3 large baking potatoes, each cut into 8 wedges
- 2 tbsp vegetable oil
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp pepper
- Cheddar Sauce:
- 2 tbsp canola oil
- 2 tbsp flour
- 1 1/4 cups 2% reduced fat milk
- 1 1/4 cups (5 oz.) shredded sharp Cheddar cheese
- 2 tbsp finely chopped green onions
- 1 tbsp imitation bacon bits
- 1/4 tsp cayenne pepper
Preheat oven to 425 degrees Fahrenheit. In a resealable plastic bag, toss potatoes with oil, salt and pepper. Spread evenly onto baking pan and cover with foil. Bake for 30 minutes, remove cover and turn potatoes. Bake for 10 additional minutes or until lightly browned.
For the sauce, heat oil in medium saucepan. Add flour and stir over medium heat for 30 seconds. Add milk and stir until thickened. Reduce heat to low; stir in cheese, green onions, bacon bits and pepper. Serve potato wedges with warm cheese sauce.
Recipe created by 3-Every-Day™ of Dairy