Start the day with a new twist on a comforting classic: apple pie oatmeal. Make these apple pie overnight oats ahead of time for an easy home or school breakfast filled with nutritious dairy and whole grains.
The home recipe below serves one. Scroll down for a school-based recipe that makes 50 servings.
¼ cup oats, rolled, unenriched, quick-cooking
½ cup vanilla low-fat yogurt
⅛ cup milk
⅛ teaspoon ground cinnamon
½ cup unsweetened applesauce
1. Combine dry oats, yogurt, milk and cinnamon together until blended.
2. Stir in fruit.
3. Place into 10 oz. container or cup.
4. Place lid on container or cup and chill overnight.
5. Optional: add spices such as nutmeg, or other flavoring for variety.
6. Garnish with sprinkle of cinnamonim
Looking to add this recipe to your lunchroom program? Check out the larger portion version below: