You can have dessert for breakfast with this version of a sundae favorite. By replacing the traditional Banana Split ingredients with cottage cheese and fruits, you can transform this dessert into a breakfast-worthy banana split. Creamy cottage cheese is the perfect palette for a rainbow of fruits, proving once again that plants plus dairy make the ultimate power couple. Find out how to make a Banana Split without the ice cream.
1 banana, peeled and split lengthwise
1/2 cup low-fat cottage cheese (or fat level of choice)*
1/4 cup strawberries, hulled and sliced
1/4 cup blueberries
1/4 cup raspberries
2 tablespoons barley cereal
Garnishes (optional): Chopped fresh mint leaves, drizzle of honey, fresh cherry
1. Peel banana and use a knife to slice it in half widthwise.
2. Arrange banana on a serving plate and top with dollops of cottage cheese.
3. Spoon strawberries, blueberries and raspberries over banana and sprinkle with barley cereal.
4. If desired, top with your favorite garnishes, such as chopped fresh mint, a drizzle of honey and a fresh cherry.
- Want a super-chill version? Swap Cottage Cheese and Fruit Blender Ice Cream for fresh cottage cheese.
- Fresh basil may be used in place of fresh mint garnish.