This healthy baked oats recipe packs a nutrient punch in your brunch—all while looking pretty cute. It’s dressed up in a ramekin, honey drizzle and fruit sprinkle. Give each of your loved ones the kind of cake they can feel good about eating, one with yogurt, berries, cottage cheese and other good-for-you ingredients.
1/4 cup freeze dried blueberries and strawberries
2 cups old-fashioned or quick cooking oats
1 cup low-fat cottage cheese (or fat level of choice)
2 ripe bananas
4 tablespoons agave nectar or honey
1 teaspoon baking powder
1/4 teaspoon salt
Low-fat Greek Yogurt (or fat level of choice), honey, additional freeze-dried fruit
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Grease four 8-ounce ramekins or oven-safe bowls with butter or cooking spray.
- Place freeze-dried blueberries and strawberries in a zip-top bag and crush using a rolling pin. Fruit pieces should be roughly the size of sprinkles. Set aside.
- In a blender, combine oats, cottage cheese, bananas, eggs, agave nectar (or honey), baking powder and salt. Puree until the mixture is combined and the oats are starting to break down but not completely smooth. Do not over mix. Remove blender cup from base.
- Using a spoon or spatula, gently fold 1/4 cup of freeze dried fruit into batter.
- Divide batter between four prepared ramekins or bowls. Bake in preheated oven for 25 minutes, or until cakes are set. Remove from oven and allow to cool for 5 minutes before serving.
To serve, garnish each cake with a dollop of Greek yogurt, freeze dried fruit “sprinkles” and a drizzle of honey, if desired.