Look no further for food processor recipes because we have directions for baked cheese’s velvety companion! Yes, we’re talking avocado dip (a.k.a. guacamole) with homemade cheese crisps (a.k.a. frico). It’s a seamless blend of Mexican and Italian cuisine the whole world can get behind.
This is one of those easy avocado recipes that makes snacking fun for the family. Or it can be a new addition to taco night.
3 cups cheddar cheese, shredded
3 cups parmesan cheese, grated
3 teaspoons chili powder (or to your taste)
2 whole avocados, seeded and scooped out of peel
1/2 cup Greek yogurt (fat level of choice)
3 tablespoons fresh cilantro leaves
1 lime, juiced
1/3 teaspoon cumin, ground
1 teaspoon Kosher salt
- Preheat oven to 400. Line two half sheet baking pans with parchment paper.
- In a large bowl, stir together cheeses and chili powder.
- Drop heaping tablespoons of cheese mixture onto baking sheets in 8 equal portions (the cheeses will spread as they melt so leave space between each portion).
- Place baking sheets in the oven and bake for 8 minutes or until cheese begins to brown at the edges (watch them carefully to prevent burning).
- Remove baking sheets from oven and transfer cheese crisps to paper towels to drain and cool (cheese will become crisp once cool).
- Repeat baking process two more times, or until all of the cheese mixture is baked.
- While crisps cool, combine avocados, yogurt, cilantro leaves, lime juice, cumin and salt in a food processor or blender and blend until smooth.
- Serve crisps immediately with creamy avocado dip or your favorite salsa.