- Nonstick cooking spray
- 1 1/2 cups Mozzarella cheese, shredded
- 1/2 cup part-skim Ricotta cheese
- 1/3 cup Parmesan cheese, grated
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 cup low-sodium, fat-free marinara sauce (plus additional for serving)
- 1 medium zucchini, diced
- 4 no-boil lasagna noodles
- 1 bag baby spinach
- 1 cup thinly sliced mushrooms
- Fresh basil leaves (optional)
Spray crockery pot of slow cooker with nonstick cooking spray; set aside. In a small bowl, mix together Mozzarella, Ricotta, Parmesan, egg, oregano and garlic powder.
Spread 2 tablespoons of pasta sauce in bottom of pot. Sprinkle 1/2 of zucchini over sauce and top with 1/3 of the cheese mixture. Break 2 noodles into pieces to cover cheese. Spread 2 tablespoons of sauce and then layer 1/2 of the spinach and 1/2 of the mushrooms. Repeat layering, ending with cheese and the remaining sauce. Firmly press ingredients into pot.
Cover and cook over low heat for 4-5 hours. Allow lasagna to rest 20 minutes before cutting into wedges to serve. Spoon a little extra sauce over each serving and top with a basil leaf, if desired.
Yield: 1 1/4 cups, per serving