Webinar: The Ethics of Hunger – Nourishing Communities in Need
National Dairy Council’s webinar “The Ethics of Hunger. Nourishing Communities in Need” looks at the reality of hunger in America and provides resources and screening tools for practitioners to improve access to nutrient-rich foods for all.
The COVID-19 pandemic has put food insecurity in the spotlight. Millions of our neighbors are relying on food assistance programs as they are forced to make decisions about how to spend their limited budgets on housing, medicine, cleaning and sanitation supplies and nutritious foods.
Feeding America has estimated that more than 54 million people – including 1 in 4 children – may experience food insecurity in 2020. During this 90-minute webinar, Clancy Harrison, MS, RDN, FAND, Feeding America’s Jerod Matthews, and NDC President Jean Ragalie-Carr, RDN, LDN, FAND, shed light on the impact of COVID-19 and the surrounding social-justice issues of hunger in America.
This webinar will provide practitioners with screening tools and resources to facilitate solutions to improve access to nutrient-rich foods for all.
Watch the video above to learn more. You can download a PDF of the slides by clicking the button on the right.
- Click here to download the CEU certificate for NSCA
- Click here to download the CEC certificate for ACSM
- Click here to download the CPE certificate for CDR*
- Click here to download the CME certificate for AAFP
* = Credentialed professionals can submit feedback about the quality of this activity directly to the Commission on Dietetic Registration: QualityCPE@eatright.org