This easy green apple smoothie recipe uses low-fat yogurt for a healthy treat.
- 2 cups low-fat vanilla yogurt
- 1 granny smith apple
- 1/2 cup orange juice
- 1/2 cup ice
- 2 tablespoons honey
For this recipe, you'll also want:
- A spoon or melon-baller or an apple corer, plus a sharp paring knife, to peel and core your apple
- A blender
- Measuring cups and spoons
- Core, peel and dice your green apple.
- Mix all ingredients in a blender or food processor until smooth and pour into tall glasses.
- Garnish with sliced almonds, julienne mint and 1/2 teaspoon of honey, if desired.
Recipe created by Chef Rick Tramonto of Tru restaurant, Chicago
Check out more healthy yogurt smoothies ideas below: