Everyone loves a good spinach-artichoke dip, and for good reason: It’s delicious. This holiday season, try this lighter and healthier version, which opts for a yogurt base, rather than the more commonly used mayonnaise. Simply mix and bake all of the ingredients together for a creamy, savory dip that your guests will gobble up!
- Softened butter, for the baking dish
- 1 (14‑ounce) can artichoke hearts, drained and chopped
- 1 (10‑ounce) package frozen chopped spinach, thawed and squeezed dry
- 1 cup plain yogurt
- 1 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/4 cup thinly sliced green onions, white and green parts
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1/4 cup chopped red bell pepper
- Pita chips, tortilla chips, crackers, and/or toasted baguette slices
Preheat the oven to 350°F. Butter a 1‑quart casserole dish or 9‑inch glass pie plate; set aside.
Combine the artichokes, spinach, yogurt, mozzarella, Parmesan, green onions, garlic, and bell pepper in a large bowl; mix thoroughly.
Transfer to the prepared dish. Bake for 30 to 35 minutes or until bubbling and lightly browned on top. Let stand for 5 minutes. Serve with pita chips, tortilla chips, crackers, and/or toasted baguette slices for dipping.
This recipe is lactose intolerance friendly because yogurt with live and active cultures helps digest the lactose and natural cheeses such as Parmesan and mozzarella contain minimal lactose.
If you love this recipe, you can find more like it in “The Dairy Good Cookbook: Everyday Comfort Foods From America’s Dairy Farm Families.” Learn more about it here or order it below today!
Image courtesy of “The Dairy Good Cookbook: Everyday Comfort Food from America’s Dairy Farm Families” edited by Lisa Kingsley, Andrews McMeel Publishing.