Got leftover turkey? Treat your family and friends to some dressed-up turkey sandwiches with this simple and mouthwatering recipe.
- 6 sliced French rolls
- 1/2 cup sliced red onion
- 1/2 cup sliced green pepper
- 12 ounces thinly sliced turkey breast
- 12 slices reduced-fat Cheddar or Swiss cheese
- 1 cup shredded lettuce
- 1 cup sliced Roma tomatoes
For the yogurt sauce:
- 2 cups plain low-fat yogurt
- 1 cup diced cucumber
- 1/2 cup chopped parsley
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
2. Toast rolls with cut side up in oven until lightly browned.
3. Top each half with red onion, green pepper and 2 ounces turkey breast and 1 slice cheese.
4. Return to oven for 2 minutes, or until cheese begins to melt.
5. Arrange open face sandwiches on platter. Top each half with 1 tomato slice and shredded lettuce.
6. Spoon about 2 tablespoons of yogurt sauce* over the top of each sandwich. Sprinkle with additional chopped parsley.
*Combine yogurt, cucumber and parsley. Chill until needed.