This tortilla wrap hack, also known as a quesadilla hack, has been viral on TikTok. It involves cutting the tortilla from the middle down to one edge and placing ingredients in different quadrants so it can be perfectly folded as a layered wrap. Smoked gouda, crisp sweet apples, and savory ham create an unforgettable flavor pairing in this quick and easy wrap hack. With a couple flicks of the wrist, you’ll have an easy lunch or snack.
No matter the occasion this TikTok-inspired tortilla hack gives you an even distribution of flavors in every bite. So, what are you waiting for? Wrap it up!
2 tablespoons mayonnaise
1 tablespoon wholegrain country mustard
4 extra-large flour tortillas (10-inch diameter)
6 ounces thinly sliced smoked ham
1 large crisp apple (such as Honeycrisp, Gala, Granny Smith, Fuji), very thinly sliced
1 ½ cups shredded smoked Gouda cheese (6 ounces)
- Mix mayonnaise and mustard in a small bowl; set aside.
- Using a sharp knife, make one cut in each tortilla from the center to the edge. For each wrap, place the ham on the quarter of the tortilla to the left of the cut, dividing evenly. Working clockwise from the ham, spread the mayonnaise mixture on the next quarter, then place the apple slices and sprinkle the cheese on the remaining quarters, dividing evenly.
- Fold the quarter with the ham over the mayonnaise section. Fold this over the apples, then over the cheese, to make a cone-shaped triangle.
- Heat a 12-inch nonstick skillet over medium to medium-low heat. Place the tortilla wraps in the skillet. Cook until cheese is melted and tortillas are golden brown, turning once, about 6 minutes.
- Transform your favorite wrap into an easier-to-eat triangular pocket.
- Vary the fillings using your favorite flavor combinations. Use a protein, condiment spread, something crunchy and cheese to help hold the pocket together when it melts.
- Wraps can also be toasted in a panini press.
You can also check out these other easy quesadilla recipes on USDairy.com: