- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 c yellow onion, peeled, diced
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tbsp garlic, peeled, minced
- 1 tsp curry powder
- 1 tsp paprika
- ½ tsp cinnamon, ground
- 1 tsp black pepper, ground
- 1 tsp crushed red pepper flakes
- ½ tsp nutmeg, ground
- 3 lb carrots, peeled, diced
- 6 c vegetable broth, low-sodium
- ¼ c orange juice
- ¼ c honey
- 1 tsp ginger, freshly grated
- 5 c + 1 c cashew cream
- 1 tbsp +2 tsp thyme, fresh
- 1 lb cashews
- 3 c milk, fat-free, lactose-free
- 2 c whey protein
In a food processor combine cashews, milk, and whey protein. Pulse until creamy and smooth. Yields 6 cups of cashew cream
Add olive oil to a large stockpot; lightly sauté onion, salt, and garlic until aromatic.
Add dry spices; stir well.
Add diced carrots and low-sodium vegetable broth; simmer until carrots are tender; approximately 10 minutes.
Remove from heat and let soup cool 10 minutes; purée in blender or with immersion blender.
Add orange juice, honey, ginger, and 5 cups cashew cream; purée till smooth.
Garnish each 12 ounce soup with approximately 1 ½ tablespoons of cashew cream and ½ teaspoon fresh thyme.