Lime and mango are perfect summer flavors. And this cheesecake parfait recipe is quick and easy with a mere 15 minutes of prep time. Celebrate National Cheesecake Day with your friends and family by giving them their own little jars of easy-breezy indulgence with this cheesecake in a cup.
1/2 cup freeze dried mango slices (optional)
6 graham crackers., broken into pieces
2 tablespoons granulated sugar
1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
3 tablespoons butter, melted
1 cup low-fat plain Greek yogurt (or fat level of choice)
8 ounces low-fat cream cheese, softened to room temperature (or fat level of choice)
5 tablespoons granulated sugar
3 teaspoons lime zest, divided (may use key limes or regular limes)
2 tablespoons lime juice
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
2 tablespoons heavy whipping cream
Thinly sliced limes, reserved graham cracker crumbles, reserved mango sprinkles, reserved lime zest
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Place freeze dried mango in the bowl of a food processor and pulse until fine. Remove half of the mango sprinkles from the food processor and reserve. Add graham crackers, 2 tablespoons sugar and salt and pulse until finely ground. Add melted butter and pulse to incorporate.
2. Transfer crumble mixture to a baking sheet lined with parchment paper and bake in a preheated oven for 10 minutes, until the crumbles are golden and fragrant. Remove from oven and allow to cool completely then set 1/4 cup of the crumble mixture aside to use as a garnish.*
3. Meanwhile, combine yogurt, cream cheese, sugar, 2 teaspoons lime zest, lime juice and vanilla extract in a mixing bowl. Beat mixture with the whisk attachment of a stand or hand mixer on medium speed until smooth, about 2 minutes. Add whipping cream to the yogurt mixture and beat on high speed until the mixture is fully incorporated and fluffy — about 3 minutes longer.
4. Use a rubber spatula to transfer filling mixture to a piping bag or a gallon sized ziplock bag with one corner snipped off—or simply spoon the filling mixture into serving glasses.
5. To make parfaits, divide ingredients between 4 to 6 parfait glasses (or one large glass dish if serving family style). Alternate adding spoonfuls of graham cracker crumbles and dollops of the filling mixture into each serving glass until full. Cover each glass with plastic wrap and allow to chill in the refrigerator for at least 30 minutes. **
6. To serve, remove serving glasses from refrigerator and top each one with a lime slice and a sprinkle of reserved graham cracker crumbles, mango sprinkles and lime zest.
* if a completely “no-bake” recipe is desired, skip toasting the crumble mixture. Simply combine crumble ingredients in the food processor and move directly to step 3.
** All components of the parfaits can also be prepared a day in advance and refrigerated in separate airtight containers. Assemble just prior to serving.