- 2 15-oz. cans reduced-sodium black beans
- ½ cup Greek yogurt, plain, non-fat
- ¾ cup reduced-sodium chicken broth
- 1 tsp. coriander
- ½ tsp. cumin
- ¼ tsp. cayenne
- Juice of 1 lime
- 2 cups popcorn, air popped, no butter
- salt, season to taste
- Drain the beans and pour all ingredients (except the popcorn) into a blender; blend together until smooth.
- On the stovetop or in the microwave, heat the soup to preference. Garnish with a handful of popcorn and one last squeeze of fresh lime on top to serve.
Tips/Tricks - Note with alterations the nutritional values will be affected, including lactose content
**Offer as an appetizer in cocktail or shot glasses. Garnish with a dollop of plain yogurt, popcorn, fresh lime zest, or shredded cheese.
**Make the soup vegetarian-friendly by substituting vegetable broth.
**Omit the chicken broth and serve as a simple dip for fresh vegetables, a quick side to tacos, or a hearty addition to a layered salad.