Try this savory hash brown potato breakfast for an alternative to traditional pancakes.
2 egg whites
1 teaspoon fat-free milk
1 large potato with skin
1/2 cup (2 ounces) grated Cabot 50% Light Cheddar cheese
1 tablespoon unbleached all-purpose flour
1/8 teaspoon salt
1 tablespoon canola oil
1/4 cup Cabot No Fat Sour Cream
1 scallion, green part, minced.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together egg whites and milk.
- Grate potato into egg mixture. Stir in cheese, flour and salt.
- Add oil to large nonstick pan over medium heat. Drop mixture into pan to form 2 "pancakes." Cook for 5 minutes per side, or until golden brown.
- In a small bowl, mix together sour cream and scallion.
- Top each pancake with the scallion sour cream. Serve hash brown pancakes.